AGATHÓN | International Journal
of Architecture, Art and Design
ISSN (online) 2532-683X
ISSN (print) 2464-9309
Goal 7 | Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
Access to energy is an essential prerequisite to achieving many sustainable development goals that extend far beyond the energy sector, such as eradicating poverty, increasing food production, providing clean water, improving public health, enhancing education, creating economic opportunity and empowering women. At present, 1.6 billion people worldwide have no access to electricity, while 2.5 billion rely on traditional biomass as a source of energy. Goal 7 thus advocates universal access to affordable, reliable, modern energy services. Given that sustainable development hinges on climate-friendly economic development, Goal 7 aims for a substantial increase in the share of renewables in the global energy mix and a doubling in the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency. Another target is to promote research in renewable energy and energy efficiency as well as investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technologies.
- Target 7.1 | By 2030, ensure universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services.
- Target 7.2 | By 2030, increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
- Target 7.3 | By 2030, double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency.
- Target 7.a | By 2030, enhance international cooperation to facilitate access to clean energy research and technology, including renewable energy, energy efficiency and advanced and cleaner fossil-fuel technology, and promote investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technology.
- Target 7.b | By 2030, expand infrastructure and upgrade technology for supplying modern and sustainable energy services for all in developing countries, in particular least developed countries, small island developing States and landlocked developing countries, in accordance with their respective programmes of support.
Nothing has been published in this category yet.