AGATHÓN | International Journal
of Architecture, Art and Design
ISSN (online) 2532-683X
ISSN (print) 2464-9309
Goal 8 | Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
According to current figures, over 200 million people around the world are unemployed, especially young people. Employment and economic growth play a significant part in combating poverty. The promotion of sustainable growth and green business practices and the creation of sufficient decent jobs, in a context of respect for human rights and planetary boundaries, are of key importance not only for developing countries but for emerging and industrialised economies too. Goal 8 includes targets on sustaining economic growth, increasing economic productivity and creating decent jobs. It envisages combating forced labour and ending modern slavery and human trafficking by 2030. Sustainable economic growth should not be to the detriment of the environment, which is why Goal 8 also advocates improved global resource efficiency in consumption and production and the decoupling of economic growth from environmental degradation. Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Target 8.1 | Sustain per capita economic growth in accordance with national circumstances and, in particular, at least 7 per cent gross domestic product growth per annum in the least developed countries.
- Target 8.2 | Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors.
- Target 8.3 | Promote development-oriented policies that support productive activities, decent job creation, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and encourage the formalization and growth of micro-, small-and medium-sized enterprises, including through access to financial services.
- Target 8.4 | Improve progressively, through 2030, global resource efficiency in consumption and production and endeavour to decouple economic growth from environmental degradation, in accordance with the 10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production, with developed countries taking the lead.
- Target 8.5 | By 2030, achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men, including for young people and persons with disabilities, and equal pay for work of equal value.
- Target 8.6 | By 2020, substantially reduce the proportion of youth not in employment, education or training.
- Target 8.7 | Take immediate and effective measures to eradicate forced labour, end modern slavery and human trafficking and secure the prohibition and elimination of the worst forms of child labour, including recruitment and use of child soldiers, and by 2025 end child labour in all its forms.
- Target 8.8 | Protect labour rights and promote safe and secure working environments for all workers, including migrant workers, in particular women migrants, and those in precarious employment.
- Target 8.9 | By 2030, devise and implement policies to promote sustainable tourism that creates jobs and promotes local culture and products.
- Target 8.10 | Strengthen the capacity of domestic financial institutions to encourage and expand access to banking, insurance and financial services for all.
- Target 8.a | Increase Aid for Trade support for developing countries, in particular least developed countries, including through the Enhanced Integrated Framework for Trade-Related Technical Assistance to Least Developed Countries.
- Target 8.b | By 2020, develop and operationalize a global strategy for youth employment and implement the Global Jobs Pact of the International Labour Organization.
Nothing has been published in this category yet.